Hooray I did it! I was very excited to see the finish line and to see I had finished under my goal. 1/2 marathon here I come!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Becoming a runner?!?!
I have a lot of friends that I have made in Hope Mills that enjoy running. Those who know me know that running is not my thing- unless it involves a soccer ball- but somehow two of my friends, Meg Roberts and Jackie Draughon talked me into training for a 1/2 marathon. For those that aren't sure that is 13.2 miles- crazy right!! I decided that I should probably try racing in something a little smaller before I decided whether I could actually attempt such a long run. Jackie and I found a 5k race here in Fayetteville and decided to run it. If I had known the hills we would have to run up I'm not sure I would have signed up for it but it was great training and felt really good when it was all over!!
Jackie and I spotted Randy and the kids across the street taking pictures of us while we got ready for the race.
Off we go!!

Jackie finishing the race- good job Jackie!
The look on Chases' face says everything- "my mom is actually going to finish this race!" My goal was to complete the 5k in under 45 minutes and the result was.....

Hooray I did it! I was very excited to see the finish line and to see I had finished under my goal. 1/2 marathon here I come!
Hooray I did it! I was very excited to see the finish line and to see I had finished under my goal. 1/2 marathon here I come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So excited to see some updates!!! You must be settling into your new house...that was a fun race, I'm glad we did it...hopefully we can run together again soon! Awesome job by the way on the half!!
ReplyDelete