Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chase turns 9!!

Somehow another year has gone by and my oldest is now a 9 year old. It seems like we just had his baptism and time is definitely starting to fly by. He had a program at school this year and while they were singing this cute song about how they are the class of 2019 it suddenly dawned on me that in 9 more years my baby will be graduating. With tears in my eyes I watched my little man and hoped that in 9 years he would be ready to leave my home and enter this sometimes scary world and that I would also be ready to let him go. Thank goodness I still have at least 9 more years!!

Chase shares his birthday with his cousin Brock so this year Brock had his birthday party on the 1st and we decided to celebrate Chases' the next weekend. We did however let him open some presents on his big day!!


A gift card to Target from Uncle Kenny, Aunt Karen, Dylan and Jordan made for a happy boy- I'm sure he is already thinking about how he will spend it!
Money from Papa is always a hit- for kids and adults too!!
Grandma and Grandpa Bradley sent him his new Bear book and neckerchief for Cub Scouts- Chase earned his Wolf and is ready to start his way towards earning his Bear.
Of course we always love it when they send him clothes!!
Chase really wanted a new bike this year so we went and helped him pick one out. Of course daddy likes it because it means he gets to work on one!
And of course check to make sure it works- and try out the new ramp he built for them.
One proud boy!!
I have loved for the past 9 years watching these two work together. Nothing makes Chase happier than working with his dad.

Off he goes. This is his first time with gears so it was somewhat of a learning process.
Callan was excited for Chase to get a new bike since that meant he could ride Chases' old bike. He looks so little but is actually really good at riding it.

One more trip- he had to make sure everything was "just right"!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over how fast your kids are growing up! Have you seen Toy Story 3? I cried when the mom was saying goodbye to Andy as he was heading off to college. I'm just glad my oldest is only 2! :)
    By the way, where are the pictures of Chase's awesome Lego set? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 years left? That's the saddest thing ever. I think I would be in tears too. Looks like he had a fun birthday.
    The pics of Randy on the little bikes are funny. Can't wait to see you guys soon. Even if it's only for a little while.

    ReplyDelete