Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cliffs of the Neuse State Park

So obviously I have gotten behind again!! These last couple of months have been busy so I will do my best. Every year our church has a father and son campout in May and this year with Randy's new calling he was in charge. The most difficult part of his assignment was to find a place where 100 or more fathers and sons could go camping. We finally found a place and decided to check it out so he would be better prepared when the weekend came around.

We had been here before to do some hiking but had never camped here so we decided to check it out.

The kids were off and running as soon as we got to the trail.
Chase is always leading the way as the rest of us try to keep up!!
They are such good sports about hiking and looking for things in nature. I am so thankful to be able to do things like this with my family. They really are a good bunch of kids- especially when they can run around!!

The kids were sure they should just jump in- we let them get close but definitely were not planning on swimming on this trip!


Not a bad view!!
This is NOT what I want to see when hiking and picking out places to camp!! Callan saw it off the trail and was so excited- he is obviously not like his mom! Randy was excited to take a picture but I made sure to stay away.
They also have a little museum at the park and the kids liked going in and checking it out. We were the only ones in there so they could run around and check it out.

This was part of the exhibits but I think Randi was trying to talk to someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment