Monday, July 12, 2010

I love my garden!!

One thing I missed last year was our garden. Every year in Clinton we had a nice garden behind Randys' parents house and even though I usually had a baby or small child following me around crying we loved all of the delicious things we got from our garden. Last year since we were living in an apartment we weren't able to do one so when we bought our house I told Randy I definitely wanted one this year even if it wasn't very big. We decided to make a raised bed garden off the backside of our deck and I was very excited with how well it worked. We can't wait for all those yummy vegetables- especially my tomatoes!!!


Everything is really starting to come in good!!

This was our lettuce- we had soooo much I was constently giving it away- it was great to be able to cut it and make a salad.
Squash and zuchinni plants- won't be long until we enjoy these. We also have cucumber plants in there.
This was the first year we planted strawberries- we'll see how that goes.
Our many tomato plants- definitely my favorite part of the garden! I have a hard time buying tomatoes in the store after eating the ones from my garden.
Randy always loves his jalapeno peppers. It is great to have almost everything we need to make salsa right in our backyard!!


This is what the kids do while I work in the garden. They are good about picking the vegetables but the weeding and other things isn't quite as much fun. I'm just glad I have happy kids in my garden this year. It also gave Randi a chance to learn how to swing all by herself. She was pretty proud of herself.



Callan usually rides his bike to the swing, jumps off and starts swinging. Hopefully someday I will actually teach him to move his bike first- I still can't believe we haven't seen the ER with him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment