Sunday, January 17, 2010

Halloween- work and play

Halloween fell on a Saturday this year and like every other Saturday since purchasing our new home it was a working day. We had some friends come over and we managed to get a lot done and knew we would have fun with the kids tonight so we wanted to get as much done during the day as we could. We were hoping to move in this weekend originally but one thing I have learned is to be flexible. Unfortunately things don't always follow the time table we would like but in the end it works out.


This is one of the reasons we loved this house- we have a lot of beautiful trees. I realized as we were working that soon this one wouldn't have any leaves so I quickly took a picture.


I saw Callan and Randi both looking up at the roof and decided to investigate what they were looking at.I should have known I would find my husband up on the roof!! He was cutting back some of the trim so the painting could be finished.

Trying to pick out a paint color for the inside of our house turned out to be a lot of work. These were the original two we were deciding between but after they started painting we went back to the drawing board and came up with another choice.

We were lucky to have friends come and help us and sometimes it was hard to keep up with the kids while we were working. Luckily Keeley found a way to entertain herself- she loved crawling in the empty cabinets!!

The outside of the house is now painted (hard to tell but it is now green) now we just have to wait for the trim- which will be white and our brown shutters and doors- we are getting there!!

These guys never get a break!! After scrapping the popcorn ceilings we were sweeping and vacuuming up dust forever!!
Chase is always ready for work. Our new side door looks great and I can't wait to open the boxes next to Chase- my new table and chairs!!


The ceilings have been scraped and now they will be stippled and then on with the new stain for the cabinets. It is almost starting to look like our dream house!!

Removing the tile from the kitchen wasn't too bad and I can't wait to see what it will look like with the new tile we picked out!

I LOVE my stippled ceilings!!! Chase really enjoyed watching the guy work on our ceilings and I'm pretty sure between he and his dad if we ever needed to do this again they would try!

Thanks to my friend, Meg Roberts, my kids ended up with costumes in time for the ward Halloween party. Callan was excited to be Dan from Bakugan and Chase is always happy to be a soldier.


Thankfully Randi had a cheerleading costume so we had her taken care of!!

Keeley was a very cute Elmo!! Halloween was pretty warm this year so I'm sure she was sweating under all that red fur!


I'm not sure what Randi is thinking in this picture but I think she is wondering why the boys are smiling so big when her bag is not yet full of candy!Happy Halloween!! Next year we will definitely be settled in- I hope anyways!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment