Sunday, January 17, 2010

Running my 1/2 Marathon!

I blogged about this before but this fall some friends of mine convinced me to run a 1/2 marathon. It was in Richmond, VA and wasn't until the second weekend in November so I figured I would give it a try since I had plenty of time to train. Of course that was before I knew that we would purchase a home and the final weeks leading up to my run would consist of working there and not on running. At one point I had decided just not to run and wait until another time. I was upset about this but felt it was more important to get our home ready then for me to run. Thankfully I have a very supportive husband and friends who all convinced me that I had worked too hard on this goal and that it could work out. So, Meg, Keeley, Randi, and I set off for VA leaving the boys at home to continue working on the house. It was hard not having them all with me but I was so grateful for a great friend to share this with.

So obviously at this point I have no idea what I am in for but here goes nothing!!


Randi was so much fun before and after the race and she was so proud of me which was really a big help.
There were 5,000 racers for the half marathon and another 5,000 for the full. I had never seen anything like this before.
Jackie was able to find me before we started. I still can't believe I am doing this. I told her I was hoping to finish before she caught me- we'll see how that goes!
Time to go- wish me luck. Hopefully I will be back in less than 3 hours. That was my goal for this race and the only thing that really worried me was there was a time limit of 3.5 hours.
Racing to the finish- I made it!! My time was 2 hours and 57 minutes. I reached my goal and more importantly finished which felt great. This was definitely a challenge but it was exciting to see that I could obtain this goal and I definitely plan on doing it again and want to improve my time. Who knows, maybe I will even attempt the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment